Expat life in Bangkok White Boys in Asia....and their women!

Expat life in Bangkok White Boys in Asia....and their women!

Just my notes and stories about Expat life in Bangkok. Our frustrations, our laughs! Despite it all Bangkok is still the best place to live and we ENJOY it!!

 

Does Your Isaan Goat Wear Braces????

 


Tuesday, April 15, 2003

Well this is my first Blogger entry. I was doing one on mydeardiary.com but I couldn't post pictures so I thought that this one might be the best one to try. I was somewhat inspired to do this after reading Stuart Hughes' Blog from Northern Iraq which can be viewed at www.stuarthughes.blogspot.com/.
Stuart's blog is pretty inspirational reading and I hope that you all take time to read his blog.
We have just finished yesterday (although some people are still at it) taking part in Songkran which for those unitiated is the Thai New Year. I must say that I thought that I would hate it but it really was great fun. You really have no choice but to get involved in the water throwing that is rampant across the city as if you don't get involved then you are going to get wet yourself anyway! As they say when in Rome....Anyhow a great time was had by all and it made me again realise just how lucky I am to be a guest here in Thailand. Apart from throwing water from any recepticle or squirting device that is nearby the Thais also rub powder in your face. This was done in the most polite of ways although I did notice that the Thai girls got there faces rubbed more than anyone else!!
I will have some photos that were taken during the festivities that I will post up to my new blog tomorrow. I hope that you have sometime to view the really riotous fun. Hey next year come and join us! I will be doing my utmost to be here thats for sure!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home